HELP! Any Mechanics Around?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're welcome.
Keep an eye on the coolant level in the radiator, not the reservoir. You know how to do this without burning the hide off of your arm.
If the head is warped or cracked, it will consume coolant from the radiator and replace it with air.
Keep it full of coolant and it will run until the cows come home.

BTW, you passed your certification exam on a level-9 engine.
I'd mail you a certificate, but I'm retired.:confused:

:cool: Can use all certification's I can get.

Coolant level is good so far kept checking it , and staying full so far.:thumbs:

:cool: Can use all certification's I can get.
30-years at hard labor and 28 of them will get you a good retirement and life in exile in the "undisclosed location" ;):).

"I don't know nuthin' about no engines mister, 'cept they run on gas."🤪

30-years at hard labor and 28 of them will get you a good retirement and life in exile in the "undisclosed location" ;):).

"I don't know nuthin' about no engines mister, 'cept they run on gas."🤪

LOL, "Just caught this one" . Dogs woke me about 1am and I just stayed up. Feeling tired to say the least.

30 yrs is a long hall. You deserve and earn that retirement after that. I do understand about "know nothing" thing.

Last edited:
How many people in the WORLD do you think know Supervisor42's secret method to get this timing thing done??? Well played 42, well played!
GOD, Guns & Gumbo
I trained about 30 techs how to do that. I don't know how many they passed it on to.
Er, make that 31 ;).

I guessing the percentage of people in the WORLD that know how to do (you can tell I'm no mechanic) that timing thing is 0.0000001 percent of the population. I'd say that is an ELITE Class! Congratulations Mr. Meer, you deserve and should get a certification on this one from the professor "Dr. Supervisor42".

I guessing the percentage of people in the WORLD that know how to do (you can tell I'm no mechanic) that timing thing is 0.0000001 percent of the population. I'd say that is an ELITE Class! Congratulations Mr. Meer, you deserve and should get a certification on this one from the professor "Dr. Supervisor42".

Yeshe should, he doesn't give up thats for sure.And he is really good at things.SuperV was the ticket to the fix for sure! Hubby was having a time with it and he usually can figure it out but this oen was kicking his rear. :thumbs: .

Mr. Meer, you deserve and should get a certification on this one from the professor "Dr. Supervisor42".
Yep.
I'll see what I can pull together.
I guess it would be cool for it to live for the rest of time online here:D.

Thanks , He really hit the nail on the head with the timing.:Thankyou:

I'd say that is an ELITE Class! Congratulations Mr. Meer, you deserve and should get a certification on this one from the professor "Dr. Supervisor42".
It's only available in brushed stainless:
NissanCert_e3.jpg

Supervisor42,

I am taking a little break from truck. Moved it to mow under it other day. But that's about all for now. Gonna change oil and adjust valves again soon.Double check everything then drive it for a little further distance. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Main hold up is no oil to change it with.
Not going into any busines to buy oil till Corona lets up some.
Our little town is buzzing though,couple weeks ago it was a ghost of a town,now people are all over it,driving fast ,shopping,etc. even looks like traffic has increased. We had to actaully wait at least 3 minutes to get out on main highway. :D

Main hold up is no oil to change it with.
Not going into any busines to buy oil till Corona lets up some.
Amazon it.
You got a front porch, doncha?

Amazon is prioritizing its shipments.
Toys and such are pushed to the back.
Food, pet supplies and auto needs still come in pretty quickly.

Zoom they been priotizing ours for going on two months now.Those nuts may be out of date if ti takes much longer.

Hopfully you can help us come up with a suitable avatar for Mr.Meer .
Who knows, he may find out why his Mrs spends hours on here, it's a great place to hang outView attachment 38851.
...(when she's not sideways in aisle #3).

1587225007226.png

This might be a male huh? Looks like one to me. Don't know how to put him in a avatar though. What you think?:dunno:

@Angie , Are you able to make this my avatar?

Last edited:
I think it's great!
BTW, your wife knows how to put it in the avatar place :p.

SuperV I forgot how mine got on here, but I think somebody put it up because it was oversized? Notsure? I just treid to see where avatar is to help hubby but can'rfind it now.

SuperV I forgot how mine got on here, but I think somebody put it up because it was oversized? Notsure? I just treid to see where avatar is to help hubby but can'rfind it now.
At the upper right of the screen is a bell, an envelope, and a tiny picture of the current avatar.
Click on the tiny picture.

Latest posts

Back