Jakes CJ7 build

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my jeep hardtop, I used a similar paint called "Hammered Black". It was a rough looking paint, but looked uniform and pretty slick. I considered using the bedliner paint, but in the sun, if fades to gray pretty quickly and once mud gets on it, it is a bear to come clean.
IMG_0008.JPG

When I bought my truck it came with a 2" receiver both front and rear. I have two baskets that I can (and have) mount on the truck. Each will hold 3, 15 gallon, or 5 five gallon jugs. My friend built a small trailer for his drop in camper. He calls me over to move the camper in and out of the garage. Even with the front hitch we have to grease the door frame to get the trailer in.

My next upgrade will be a winch that I can plug into either receiver.

When I bought my truck it came with a 2" receiver both front and rear. I have two baskets that I can (and have) mount on the truck. Each will hold 3, 15 gallon, or 5 five gallon jugs. My friend built a small trailer for his drop in camper. He calls me over to move the camper in and out of the garage. Even with the front hitch we have to grease the door frame to get the trailer in.

My next upgrade will be a winch that I can plug into either receiver.
I plan on buying Jake a winch for his birthday.

So today we decided to pull the wheels off of the jeep and prepare them for paint. The wheels were chrome that had been painted. We were planning on acid etching the chrome and painting the wheels. After I pulled the tires off the wheels by hand and had all 4 done I discovered 2 of the wheels were 8 inch wheels and the other 2 were 10 inch wheels. I wasn’t expecting to buy wheels but that’s what you run into building Jeeps. We ordered a matching set of 10 inch wide wheels for it. It’s a little wide for the tires we bought but I’m sure these are the smallest set he will have on it.

We have the electrical at 99% it looks extremely nice. This jeep has a 6 cylinder with headers, the v8 parts jeep we have had good looking dual exhaust so I got Jake to cut it out of it today. It won’t take a lot of work for me to install it under his jeep. The transfer case shifter linkage was a little sloppy so we ordered a set of dual shifters for it. I had a couple of sets of hard top doors but I was going to have to completely rebuild them. I found an extremely nice set of hard doors on the east coast I’m having shipped in this week. Everyday we are making progress I’m looking so forward to paint!

3CA79F4A-538D-433B-9CD3-8FD1C801D29E.jpeg
1E9F894B-3A74-4F4C-AD29-BBE4568CD6A6.png
4AC336FE-9394-45BB-8030-46D4BB52B907.png
26AB2D88-4EF1-40FD-8411-722F5FD6BCEA.png
259BB756-695A-426B-A081-A4B25C6331CF.png

Latest posts

Back