Local Weather Reports

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, springs here. I know because the winds are here. And the weather channel makes a big deal over 40mph back east....
0410182213-1.jpg

Are the sand storms bad? I've never been thru one!

Sand storms are great! They will give you a good exfoliation, sand your clear coat smooth so it's ready for re painting and blows away all those toys and pesky lawn furniture cluttering up the place..

Ok, they suck. They make it hard to breathe and see. 50mph like we are supposed to get tomorrow will pick up not just sand but small gravel that hurts like all get out. Can't keep the dust out of the house no matter how well its closed up and my poor animals have to breathe that stuff even though they will be in the barn. Everything built here is rated to withstand a hurricane (except no water) or it gets blown away. If it hits that 70mph the house will shake and rattle.

Sand storms are great! They will give you a good exfoliation, sand your clear coat smooth so it's ready for re painting and blows away all those toys and pesky lawn furniture cluttering up the place..

Ok, they suck. They make it hard to breathe and see. 50mph like we are supposed to get tomorrow will pick up not just sand but small gravel that hurts like all get out. Can't keep the dust out of the house no matter how well its closed up and my poor animals have to breathe that stuff even though they will be in the barn. Everything built here is rated to withstand a hurricane (except no water) or it gets blown away. If it hits that 70mph the house will shake and rattle.

Wow. Ok! I think I'll stick with floods and tornadoes!

Wow. Ok! I think I'll stick with floods and tornadoes!

Good choice. As soon as hubby retires (in 1yr,6months and 6 days) we are moving a bit north into the mountains. We will still get the wind but the forest keeps it down and no dust.

You must be in West Texas. Ive lived through a new sand/dust storms there.

Here in Southside Va.
We are on the cool side... rather odd for this time of the year.
Still having to put out hay. :confused:

The farmers here are fixing to make their first cutting. They are just waiting for this next wind storm to pass so it doesn't blow away before they can bale it.

Finally, daytime temps climbed above 70 and will stay that way through Sunday. I think a freeze or frost is behind me now... everything can be planted in the garden.

Dad put out hay on monday for the cows. We still have about 40 rolls so no problems there.

Our ac bill Is much lower than our heat bill though so I'll take a hot summer over a cold winter any day.
93f....80% humidity.....

If the humidity hits 100%....will you drown?

I showered three times today already and one more when I get home from work....

This time of year is when our electric bill goes through the roof!!! You NEED air conditioning....

Latest posts

Back