My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ....

I have come to a very important decision and it's one I didn't take lightly.

I have decided to decline chemotherapy.

On the weigh up..the whole cost / benefit analysis - chemotherapy is NOT worth the suffering, sickness and misery it will cause compared to the dubious benefits eg; life extension it will give me.

This leaves me free and clear to aggressively engage in other therapies that weren't open to me because of their reactions when mixed with chemotherapy drugs.

Please pray for me still.
I refuse to let go of God's hand in this and I am 100% at peace with the decision with no misgivings what so ever.
This is how I know that I've made the right decision.
My soul and my spirit are at peace.
Your body needs to heal, not be poisoned! Win this battle!

I'm doing extremely well.

I have only had two very small bleeds in the last week.
I am finding the lymph node pain in my right groin that seems to only play up at night is managed by taking 1 (yes ONE) ibuprofen tablet which half the recommended adult dosage.

I'm fit, healthy and well.

I am changing a few things though.
I've brought fenbenzadole in the form of Panacur 100 because the granules Tippens recommends isn't available in my country and I will be starting Tippens protocols when it arrives.
Also I've started liver detox tablets to protect my liver because fenbenzadole is pretty rough on the liver in large doses.
Not as toxic as chemo drugs though.

Your prayers are working.
Thank you and all Praise and Glory goes to GOD.
Amen.

That is wonderful news, @Tank-Girl !!!!!
It's like they say, trust in God, but bring a shovel. You've got a whole tribe of folks here and in other places all over the world praying for you every day, but you've brought the shovel, dump truck, and everything you think you need to get that stuff out of your body.
Are you taking anything as a blood purifier? Red clover, stinging nettle, and burdock root teas are all good for such things and should help the liver too. You're using something as an intestinal cleanser too, right? Just checking!!!

Last edited:
That is wonderful news, @Tank-Girl !!!!!
It's like they say, trust in God, but bring a shovel. You've got a whole tribe of folks here and places all over the world praying for you every day, but you've brought the shovel, dump truck, and everything you think you need to get that stuff out of your body.
Are you taking anything as a blood purifier? Red clover, stinging nettle, and burdock root teas are all good for such things and should help the liver too. You're using something as an intestinal cleanser too, right? Just checking!!!

I'm taking Essaic tea which has Burdock in it.
Dose that count?

My dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ....

I have come to a very important decision and it's one I didn't take lightly.

I have decided to decline chemotherapy.

On the weigh up..the whole cost / benefit analysis - chemotherapy is NOT worth the suffering, sickness and misery it will cause compared to the dubious benefits eg; life extension it will give me.

This leaves me free and clear to aggressively engage in other therapies that weren't open to me because of their reactions when mixed with chemotherapy drugs.

Please pray for me still.
I refuse to let go of God's hand in this and I am 100% at peace with the decision with no misgivings what so ever.
This is how I know that I've made the right decision.
My soul and my spirit are at peace.
More prayers coming your way. When my wife's mom had cancer, we asked the doc if they'd do chemo if it was their mother... And they said no. We pray that you can find another path that works for you.

It had to happen eventually.
I'm having a large bleed and last night was pretty rough.
I stayed up last night so I could monitor the rate of the bleed and to do blood pressure obs regularly.
The good news is that I passed a lump of tumor the size of half a golf ball.
This is a good thing and the bleeding is to be expected given just how many veins feed the tumor.
When part of it breaks away those veins will also break.
People give blood and give pints without issue and I'm not even remotely at that point yet.
Yeas..it's frightening but realistically a massive tumor like that has to go somewhere as it breaks down and dies.
I know I'm walking a fine line but I'm not stupid about it.
Like I said I've got my blood pressure machine, I'm doing blood pressure obs, my phone is fully charged and I have the emergency number 000 already predialled and all I have to do is press send.

Prayers that the bleeding will slow would be much appreciated at this moment.

Prayers that the bleeding will slow would be much appreciated at this moment.
Prayers headed heavenward that you will be guided to successful treatments, that you can have the strength to persevere, that you will be comforted in times of trial and that the bleeding will indeed slow quickly!

Prayers always, everyday for you! I truly feel like things are going great! That cancer is leaving you!!💗😉😊

Trust me when I saw the lump I was cheering and praising God.

The doctor gave me Tranexamic Acid tablets which helps controls bleeds.
It hadn't gotten to the point of taking them yet...but it was close.

It also gave me an opportunity to do some reading and refresh my memory on gynaecological first aid hence the Quikclot gauze purchase.

You keep fighting! You have let the cancer know that you will fight to win. It is weaker than you. You have a lot of power on your side. I have no words to express the pride I have for your faith and courage.

You keep fighting! You have let the cancer know that you will fight to win. It is weaker than you. You have a lot of power on your side. I have no words to express the pride I have for your faith and courage.

Thank you.

And, you know that even while this was happening I still took my protocol.
I didn't stop or slack off.
You don't win wars by putting down your weapons when things get a little dicey.
In fact it's time for my lunch time dose of Ivermectin.

Prayers continually for you, Tank.
And now I know why the oral ivermectin sold at the feed store down the road from me is apple flavored.

Yep...this injectable ivermectin tastes like the way burnt plastic smells.
Nasty, nasty stuff.
That won't stop me from taking it for one moment.

I hope the Panacur 100 / Febenzadole tastes a little better because I'm going to have to take 2.2mls of that at a hit.
Regardless of how it tastes it's going down the hatch.

Given the bleeding, you might want to consider - or at least research the pluses/minuses of - using Tylenol for pain relief rather than Advil (you mentioned Advil in a previous post). You are probably already aware of NSAID drugs vs. bleeding, but I mention it in the off chance that you are not. Your particular case may be different as well.

Latest posts

Back