Post good deals or bargains here

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serialized Polymer 80 replacement frame for Glock 19 $89.99 in FDE. Not the 80% version, but the complete ready to go version. Will require an FFL. I have one and they are a VAST improvement over the factory 3rd gen frame. Picture is the 80% version, all I could find.

https://www.primaryarms.com/polymer...utm_campaign=35987&utm_content=product-review

index.jpg

Backlash,
The part of the law dealing with "untraceable" guns was taken out of the law before it passed. You can't own a gun that won't show up on a standard wand sweep but you can make your own gun as long as it has more than 2 or 4 ounces of steel. Any of the 80% lowers are allowed. The target of the law was the printed guns because they didn't think that they used a metal barrel.

Backlash,
The part of the law dealing with "untraceable" guns was taken out of the law before it passed. You can't own a gun that won't show up on a standard wand sweep but you can make your own gun as long as it has more than 2 or 4 ounces of steel. Any of the 80% lowers are allowed. The target of the law was the printed guns because they didn't think that they used a metal barrel.
I really hope you are correct. I am going to do more research and if they are legal I will get a few.
Thanks

The law specifies it is illegal to make an untraceable firearm for sale or trade. That has always been illegal. If you make it for your own use it is legal to own and operate.
It is also legal to transfer the ownership, by sale, through a will or as a gift so long as it was made for your personal use.

Bought 2 cases of canned veg (49 cents a can). Most of the stuff you didn't have to buy the case. Like canola oil, bought 2 bottles for $1.79 each. Bought a lot of discounted mushrooms and squash for the dehydrator. At Albertsons, I found cabbage for 59 cents a lb for the dehydrator, and whole chickens...bought all six that they had. The highest priced one was $2.58. Three of them are on the stove top boiling away right now. I'll strip them and freeze the meat in quart bags for quick meals.

Has anybody used Zenni.com for eyeglasses?
https://www.zennioptical.com/
One of my nurses told me to look into it.
The wife is ready for new glasses, and we're talking $5-6 hundred.
Looks like a good deal, but would like to hear from someone that has used them.

Jim

I will have to ask the Mrs. where she goes. They always tell her $400-600 at the eye doc, but then she buys them online for like $75.

@phideaux

Just got a text back and that is indeed the place. She gets the prescription from her eye doc and sends it in. She now has a few different pairs of glasses for less than one pair at "retail" pricing.

Thanks

Great. Is she happy with fit and quality?
That's a good deal.
I never realized what a racket eyeglasses is till recently.

Jim

Thanks

Great. Is she happy with fit and quality?
That's a good deal.
I never realized what a racket eyeglasses is till recently.

Jim

She woke up to that very thing about 6 months ago. She said that the $75 pair was about 95% the quality of her her $400+ pair. She has had them for at least 5 months of daily use and so far no complaints. The worst part for her was not being able to try them on before buying, so she bought like 3 pairs and ended up loving them all. Then she found out they will send you empty frames just to try on.

Has anybody used Zenni.com for eyeglasses?
https://www.zennioptical.com/
One of my nurses told me to look into it.
The wife is ready for new glasses, and we're talking $5-6 hundred.
Looks like a good deal, but would like to hear from someone that has used them.

Jim
My wife and youngest kid use Zenni with excellent results.

She woke up to that very thing about 6 months ago. She said that the $75 pair was about 95% the quality of her her $400+ pair. She has had them for at least 5 months of daily use and so far no complaints. The worst part for her was not being able to try them on before buying, so she bought like 3 pairs and ended up loving them all. Then she found out they will send you empty frames just to try on.

I just saved $400+ also.
We worked out all the measurements, in metric.
Filled out the forms.
Got all the discounts and 2 pair for $106.00+ $6 shpg. Total $112.00.

Tell your wife to check out Goggles4U.com.
Zenni only had 3 frames to fit my wife, this company had 279.

Lots more selection on frames and good reputation , in business 15 years, and just as cheap.

Jim

I haven't seen the ad yet. I will look when I get home from this job this evening. It is always a good time to stock up on canned beans and vegetables, even though I prefer fresh vegetables.
Still haven't seen the ads which usually come out on Wednesdays. Mail is really slow these days and the ads which normally come on Tuesday are not here yet. I have seen mail people delivering until it is dark. I have read that other people are not getting mail for many days. Is it vacation time, or that many people have found other work?

Anyone need a job? The post office is hiring, and they need help!

Anyone need a job? The post office is hiring, and they need help!

The first 8-9 years we lived in this house we had the same USPS delivery person. Now we seem to have a different one every 4-6 months. As far as I know the pay is still really good as are the benefits, so I wonder why the turn over rate is so high?

The first 8-9 years we lived in this house we had the same USPS delivery person. Now we seem to have a different one every 4-6 months. As far as I know the pay is still really good as are the benefits, so I wonder why the turn over rate is so high?
There may be a few reasons. I will ask my friends at the post office the next time I go in. I know them on a first name basis and we are always glad to see each other. This is the way to do regular business with people.

Where I live, we didn't have a regular mail person for years. Mail was always a mess. Then we got a regular mail woman who introduced herself, Paula! Like all things, knowing people who are regulars in our lives makes a HUGE difference. Mail was so good when Paula worked the route. Paula put in for a different route, because different routes come with different pay.

I know there is a lot of abuse in the post office. I am on talking on the phone now, but I will share a video when I find it later today, by a man who worked for the post office.

I have had several family members who were post mistresses. I think there are great benefits. I do know that people can retire with great benefits, or at least a couple post mistresses that I know have.
Since we had this conversation, I have seen mail carriers out at 7:48 in the evening. Ugh! I wonder if they just have such a late start or if there is truly a shortage of postal carriers.
This man was a mail carrier and long winded. This video is 37+ minutes long.

Latest posts

Back