Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Supervisor42 this year I pretty much don’t have any grass in front or back yard. It makes a crunching sound in areas where there’s any vegetation as I walk across. Something ate my vinca and marigold plants. There were thunderstorms south of here and big dark clouds to the west. I think smoky clouds were mixed in on different layers. this was the eastern sky this evening.

Attachments

• 47E72DC3-7EFD-498E-9EE0-53C927D9DE17.jpeg
    47E72DC3-7EFD-498E-9EE0-53C927D9DE17.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 14
@Supervisor42 this year I pretty much don’t have any grass in front or back yard. It makes a crunching sound in areas where there’s any vegetation as I walk across. Something ate my vinca and marigold plants. There were thunderstorms south of here and big dark clouds to the west. I think smoky clouds were mixed in on different layers. this was the eastern sky this evening.
A friend just 3 miles west of me got a t-storm and rain about 7pm last night. Lots of lightning!

Had a surprise thunderstorm with dangerous CTG (cloud to ground) lightening today.
One hit was so close (I happened to be outside and saw it :oops:), it caused our power to go off for a second or 2 as our grid did the "duck and cover" thing.
Very rare.
Hah! Our power blink fixed the icemaker!!! :woo hoo:
It would cycle but no water would flow into it to make ice.
I heard the water flowing today for the first time in months.:D
I know the fridge's brain loses it's marbles about every year or so because it will stop defrosting and I have to reboot it.
Weather: Who woulda thought that an electrical storm could ever be a good thing:dunno:

Last edited:
The front that was stalled over my area is now creeping west. Late afternoon/early evening showers are on tap for the next few days.

I just checked the radar. The 3 storms in my area are traveling in 3 different directions. Or wandering about aimlessly.

It was 92 here today. Pretty much the same all weekend. Heat index in the upper 90's. Gonna be a fun day mowing, tilling the garden and working the beds.
Don't forget to weed-whack - you know how you love that 😇 (don't shoot!)

The weather gypsies said 99-101 today. So far we are up to 89 and hour by hour "only" shows it going to 97 so I'll go with that.

Gee, it's only 98° thanks to the cold front!!🤪
We got the worst of that today.
It was 75° outside and the wind was blowing this afternoon when I went for my walk.
Mr."acclimated to the upper 90's" froze his hiney off! 🥶

Last edited:
After a hot and humid weekend, we had a blessedly cool day today. High of 66. I went to town and ran errands and trimmed dead branches out of the big spruce tree, weeded the entire front flower bed, planted a tree, watered everything and even changed the oil in my motorcycle. And all after finishing work for the day. I've learned to do everything I can on a "gift" day, cuz I know it's going to get hot and awful again. Now if we could just get a bit of rain. The corn is starting to curl.

I wish we would get rain!
I'll make a deal with ya'.
We have greater than 50% chance of rain every day for the next 5 days and it has rained pretty much every other day for the past week. :((gotta keep those swamps full;))
You mow our lawn every 4 days, and we'll send you a bunch:thumbs:. Deal?
Be careful what you wish for. Nobody makes it a whole week here without having to mow :(.

Last edited:
I'll make a deal with ya'.
We have greater than 50% chance of rain every day for the next 5 days and it has rained pretty much every other day for the past week. :((gotta keep those swamps full;))
You mow our lawn every 4 days, and we'll send you a bunch:thumbs:. Deal?
Be careful what you wish for. Nobody makes it a whole week here without having to mow :(.
I'm enjoying that part of the drought!!

NEED Rain.......urgently. No rain in ten weeks, just blue skies and blinding sunshine.
Give us a call when we got a spinney-thing going and we will make you a deal to swap for that. :thumbs:
Is 10" in 1 day too much?:dunno:
b5f986e2-c348-4c15-8c55-cf4ac846d2df-6cf03240-d406-4283-b366-70ede4d29330_thumbnail.png

Last edited:
We have greater than 50% chance of rain every day for the next 5 days and it has rained pretty much every other day for the past week. :(
...Another day, another rain :( (.74")
Rain, sun, grass grow, go mow, repeat, repeat...:mad:

...Another day, another rain :( (.74")
Rain, sun, grass grow, go mow, repeat, repeat...:mad:
I think you live there just so you can offer us some entertainment 🤪 Thank yee thank yee.

81* and gorgeous, a little breeze. Supposed to have some clouds move in about the 4th. We need some dry weather for a little while. Harvest usually starts the 5th of July. Looks like it will be a little delayed and though I'm not fond of the wheat growing practices, this year it's needed undeniably more than most so am hoping it goes well.

Latest posts

Back