Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have greater than 50% chance of rain every day for the next 5 days...
Be careful what you wish for...
It's been raining all day since the early morning hours, 1.08" so far and it hasn't stopped yet. :(
Think you're gonna get anything done outside... not today bub!!!
nodeal-gif.66962

The good news: we are growing thaheck out of some fantastic sugarcane down here!
It's already over 8-feet tall.:oops:
Sugar will be plentiful! :woo hoo:

Last edited:
Them Louisiana people (we have some on here 😁😁), are sending their humidity my way!! 103° with a heat index close to one million!!😧 And I was nice enough to send all those cold fronts last winter and look what happens!!🤔😁
Well, I was nice enough to save you a picture :D.
On topic: currently 90% humidity here, even minus what we sent @Pearl
lol-gif.76940

Tropical storm "Colin" is heading up the east coast!!
<Giant Yawn> I looked in on it and people could get close to an inch of rain!gaah
On topic: We got .87" for today.... did not make the news.:rolleyes:

Well, an inch of rain here would be a washout!!😉😁
Probably so, we had relatives from Whitney Texas stop by and visit this morning (they are 'extra-crispy' out there:().
They took turns looking out the front door and drooling as we got our "daily downpour".
The lady showed me pictures of their totally-brown lawn, and I told her about us having to mow every 4 days.
She said: "Oh heavens!!!
emo12-gif.64838
"
They have a really huge lawn (more than 2 acres) and have no clue how lucky they are. :rolleyes:

I would be greatful for an inch of rain. It was 93 this afternoon. Then it clouded up and we ended up gettin a whole 0.03" of rain. Didn't even settle the dust.
Yeah, same, it made it more humid for sure. And now fireworks are going off in a couple places, just little poppers, enough to upset the dog. Keep refreshing the water for the birds (and squirrels). Gave them some grapes today. The squirrel would eat one, bury one, repeat.

Yeah, same, it made it more humid for sure. And now fireworks are going off in a couple places, just little poppers, enough to upset the dog. Keep refreshing the water for the birds (and squirrels). Gave them some grapes today. The squirrel would eat one, bury one, repeat.
I heard some fireworks too. I'm in a different county, 1600.00$ fine here for doing fireworks. There were even signs on the roads and fire depts warning people!!

I heard some fireworks too. I'm in a different county, 1600.00$ fine here for doing fireworks. There were even signs on the roads and fire depts warning people!!
Send'em over here! They have already started fireworks here too.
Shoot all you want!:D
Trust me, everything will still be soakin'-wet thru the 5th. :rolleyes:
You ain't catchin' nuthin' on fire here, I promise! :thumbs:
Edit: And if y'all run low on humidity, just lettuce know, we got a whole Gulf full! :woo hoo:

Had T-storms and some heavy downpours!! Guess who is mowing when it's 105°!! Cooled off to 74°! Almost gone, moving north!
~~Come fly mow with me...~~ :D
fc0098352b0016f6a22909870234cb58.gif

Last edited:
I have that SAME mower!!😁😁 I wear shoes though, too many crawly things!! When was this video of you taken???
That video was quite a while ago :rolleyes:.
On topic: We hit 97° today, toasty!:dancing:
Humidity only at 57% and we're gonna finally have a 'rain-free' day!:woo hoo:
Everything is still soakin'-wet and we are good to go on fireworks! :thumbs::blow up:

Latest posts

Back