Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only heard about the Rattlesnake fire. It's a small fire north and east of me. I'm not getting any smoke from it as the winds are SW blowing the smoke NE. There is a lot of dust being blown in off the farms today.

I won't say the s word, I will show it to you

20200907_183511.jpg

Went from the oven to the freezer to the counter in 48 hours.

Yes I was at the snow line and it was well below the 7,000 foot level they predicted.

Last edited:
Clouds building... rains starting this afternoon. Rain predicted everyday for the next 7 days... I reached the average yearly rainfall for my area in August. 2 inches so far this month... 4 months to go

Two tropical storms and 3 tropical waves in the Atlantic. Today feels like hurricane weather The humidity is high, warm clammy feeling in the air.

Where I am the smoke is not as bad as it has been in the past. We get smoke nearly every year about this time due to grass /field fires or forest fires which I consider small. I am glad that I got the house painted ahead of this but it hasn't limited what I do other than the range shutting down periodically. Some instruction and events have been cancelled and visibility is affected for the long range rifle range.
The tomatoes are still ripening and the garden is producing just fine. I am going to do some little jobs to finish the house exterior and I need to make time to do some reloading.
I decided to put off any doctor's appointments until they are willing to see me in person without being treated like a farm animal. I stopped getting my pain medication because they "can't" mail the prescription. Life is what it is.

I am spending more time with my sons and their families and life is good.

Latest posts

Back