Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna get noisy around here tonight. Already getting a few sprinkles, heard thunder in the distance, couple times. Could see a faint moon through the clouds half hour ago.

Thunder seems louder as i write...

2024-03-25 23-07-45.jpg

Lots of snow in upstate NY, I see.
Years ago, when in the States, I mentioned I'd like to visit the northwest; Washington state etc. 'You dont want to go there..it rains all the time'
well guess what folks- it rains here too. ALL.THE.TIME. :mad:
Sleet this morning, hasn't even the decency to give us a proper winter. There is grass growth, but no animals in fields yet, and the few I have seen were huddled under trees- very unusual to see a cow sheltering. Whats more; I cant see any planting being done here, or in the UK, where some farmers weren't able to harvest last years crops because of tractors being bogged down.

After my comment about lack of winter weather the gods heard me and sent a days worth not long after I was on here 😂
Then at 6.30 the power went; came back on at 7.30 for half hour then went again until 1am, which was handy because some of mine were just in from a two hour drive after a concert and we all had a cuppa.
Today is lovely and bright, breezy, with the promise of showers over the weekend. It is a bit warmer; maybe around 32f I guess

Another huge storm is coming in tomorrow morning. The flood alerts are all in place, city is clearing storm drains, and we are expected to get up to 8" of rain in the next 2 days. Oh, Mammoth Mountain has over 300" of snow now, more than any place in the world. Thry said they should still be skiing into August.

@havasu have you ever had to evacuate due to flooding where you live now?
I've never had to evacuate from anywhere, have been sent home from work due to bad snowstorms approaching.
We are pretty safe in my neighborhood but the parallel streets can get up to 2' of water rushing downward. Just hope you don't need to leave during the pouring rain, unless you have a helicopter on stand by. In other words, I'd be a goner!

Latest posts

Back