What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been having trouble sleeping due to stress so I decided to use my Grandma's cure. A shot of McNaughton whiskey before bed. She drank it straight out of a Tupperware cup with a Tupperware cup of water.
I'm not as tough as Grandma so I'll drink it on the rocks.:)
I have never been a hard liquor drinker but I gave it a try last night and I slept pretty well.
Yep, a little bit of hootch will cure what ails ya. I sleep very well every night after a few. Too much though and some people report waking up due to the sugar imbalance or whatever. Be a much better country if everyone took a few shots before bedtime. IMO of course.....

Did you buy that bottle from Mike Rowe?
Yes, Knobel Tennessee whiskey. It's pretty good - I'd buy it again. Nothing amazing, but very drinkable.

I have been having trouble sleeping due to stress so I decided to use my Grandma's cure. A shot of McNaughton whiskey before bed. She drank it straight out of a Tupperware cup with a Tupperware cup of water.
I'm not as tough as Grandma so I'll drink it on the rocks.:)
I have never been a hard liquor drinker but I gave it a try last night and I slept pretty well.

Strictly for medicinal purposes?

Went to a party last weekend where I was required to bring the blender, ice cream, and fixin's. The Brandy Alexanders were a big hit. Went through 2 gallons of Vanilla ice cream. Definitely a partying group.

Lemonade, but I'm thinking about a mint Julep.
1 heaping tablespoon of mint jelly melted into a shot of bourbon, mix in another shot,
add to ice, fill the glass to the top in sparkling water. Mint leaves optional.

Two HOT cups of Tim Horton homemade coffee with a splash of 18% creamer and a half tea spoon of real maple syrup...

Breakfast of champions.....eh....

I know this is very much out of character for me, but this is a non-alcoholic drink that you can make with the kids.

Get as many colors of Gatorade or Powerade as you can find. I got six, although I had to add green food coloring to the frost flavor to make it green. Make ice cubes with each color. I put the ice cubes in a one gallon freezer bag until we are ready to use.

We call it making a rainbow. Let the kids pick the colors they want and put in a glass. You can add 7-UP or club soda, sparling grape juice, even water. Add a maraschino cherry and a few Gummy Bears for garnish, and an umbrella. It will be the hit of the barbeque.

I invented this thing I call a tropical cooler, or something like it. its two cups worth of instant coffee melted and mixed into coconut juice. That's what I want, but what I'm drinking is half lemonade/half stout tea.

I invented this thing I call a tropical cooler, or something like it. its two cups worth of instant coffee melted and mixed into coconut juice. That's what I want, but what I'm drinking is half lemonade/half stout tea.

Affectionately known as the Arnold Palmer. Very refreshing for Summer.

You know, I have this tasty bit of poison my brother and I concocted made of 100% mint schnapps, 100% cinnamon hot damn, 80 proof vodka and a 1/4 pint of jagermeister and two juiced lemons, made to be served ice cold and with a chaser of lemon tonic water (Or spring water.) Its called a snake bite, if you don't chase it, you wish you were dead! otherwise its the most heavenly drunk you can get this side of Absinthe!

Last edited:
You know, I have this tasty bit of poison my brother and I concocted made of 100% mint schnapps, 100% cinnamon hot damn, 40 proof vodka and a 1/4 pint of jagermeister and two juiced lemons, made to be served ice cold and with a chaser of lemon tonic water (Or spring water.) Its called a snake bite, if you don't chase it, you wish you were dead! otherwise its the most heavenly drunk you can get this side of Absinthe!

Where did you find 40 proof vodka? That seems a bit odd.

I meant 40%, AKA 80 proof. thanks for the catch! I like Mr. Boston because it's cheap and was made to mix, straight it tastes like rubbing alcohol! Everything else is name brand!

I use this stuff to replace alcohol occasionally: Seedlip Garden 108.

It has strong notes of fresh cut grass/hay. I make faux gin & tonics with it. I've mixed it with a soda like Squirt...citrus and farm field come together. It's obviously not alcohol, so it is not trying to mimic actual gin, for example. But, it adds a very different flavor to the drink.

I like to drink...but I also occasionally like to not drink.

Seedlip Non-Alcoholic Distilled Spirits
website_pdp_update_1000x1500_garden.jpg

Last edited:
I meant 40%, AKA 80 proof. thanks for the catch! I like Mr. Boston because it's cheap and was made to mix, straight it tastes like rubbing alcohol! Everything else is name brand!

That makes more sense. ;)

Good well water!! Had it tested many years ago. Lots of minerals and natural electrolytes. It's heck on the coffee pot, but it's good for the body!
I house sat last weekend for a very OCD woman. She only uses distilled water in her coffee and tea pots. I suppose it protects the pot, but the minerals and electrolytes are good for us.

Lemon water with a pinch of salt & a dash of sugar.
--- ---
To this add a dash of citric acid, Fruit Fresh powder to make a version of homemade electrolyte replacer..

A variation would be lemon ice tea powder with salt, sugar, citric acid... There are likely many combinations that will be good, depending in individual taste..

Latest posts

Back