What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My DW went to a Tea Party, no one dressed up with feather & war paint & chopped open tea crates.
This was a health class on herbal tea blends.
I saw one blend that I could grow every thing but the cinnamon chips.

Last edited:
We just had our Octoberfest neighborhood party. Anheuser-Bush stock will probably go up when the bell sounds Monday morning. There was some serious consumption. A good time was had by all. :drink buddy:

Sorry 😢 cake 🧁 is not a drink 🥃!

Unless..
cs-5300-rglam-black_1.jpg
:)

jd

E&J Brandy

Maybe you can edikate me... about brandy. I know nothing except my uncle kept a pint of peach brandy in his sock drawer. 😁

I bought a bottle last year for tinctures but it never got used. The "Paul Masson" brandy, sounds like a hair care product. I just gabbed the closest bottle on the shelf.

At home it got pushed to the back of the cabinet and forgotten. I bought a bottle of Christian Bros this summer, it was on sale.

I know both are bottled in Bardstown KY, probably at the same distillery.

On a scale of 1-10 where are they in the brandy world? cheap crap ? I'm picky about the vodka I use for tinctures. I keep telling myself to buy some basic equipment and make pure alcohol. Again, for making tinctures. I don't really drink anymore, been years.

I'd like to get a decently made brandy for making medicines. At least from mid-priced distillery. Not many tinctures call for brandy but a few do. For someone with the flu... add a little honey and take a shot, skip the plants. Kidding but it does have a spot in a medicine chest.

Brandy PM.JPG

Last edited:
Tonight, while trying to figure out something to celebrate. I am having a health drink. Can of cold COORS light beer in a glass, with one teaspoon of "SAMBUCOL" Black Elderberry medicine. You put the medicine in the glass first.

Super hero smoothies.

After turning 45 and metabolism slowing, I was shocked to step on the scale over 200#! I'm not a large frame guy; that's alot.

Since then, been replacing a meal a day with a daily smoothie. My weight normalized and energy and overall health has turned for the better.

*I'm not a doctor but like to play doctor!

Maybe you can edikate me... about brandy. I know nothing except my uncle kept a pint of peach brandy in his sock drawer. 😁

I bought a bottle last year for tinctures but it never got used. The "Paul Masson" brandy, sounds like a hair care product. I just gabbed the closest bottle on the shelf.

At home it got pushed to the back of the cabinet and forgotten. I bought a bottle of Christian Bros this summer, it was on sale.

I know both are bottled in Bardstown KY, probably at the same distillery.

On a scale of 1-10 where are they in the brandy world? cheap crap ? I'm picky about the vodka I use for tinctures. I keep telling myself to buy some basic equipment and make pure alcohol. Again, for making tinctures. I don't really drink anymore, been years.

I'd like to get a decently made brandy for making medicines. At least from mid-priced distillery. Not many tinctures call for brandy but a few do. For someone with the flu... add a little honey and take a shot, skip the plants. Kidding but it does have a spot in a medicine chest.

View attachment 95240

Brandy is usually made from grapes, but almost any fruit will do. It is recommended that you use the fruit when it is ripest. It is distilled just like hard liquor.

The Paul Masson brand is not bad. It actually makes the top 15 of brands in the world. I would consider the Christian Brothers a middle of the road brandy. If you want to get some really good stuff get Remy Martin, Hennessy,or Martell. My personal favorite is Courvosier.

Busy splitting hairs here but Cognac is actually a brandy made in the Cognac region of France with a vey specific formulation of grapes. Armagnac is the same thing, just made in the Armagnac region of France.

Looking at the label the Christian Brothers has the "VS" designation. Here is some info on the designations you are likely to see on brandies:

The designations you see on Cognac labels—VS (Very Special), VSOP (Very Superior Old Pale) and XO (Extra Old)—are a guarantee of how long a Cognac has been aged. VS indicates that the Cognac has been aged at least two years, VSOP at least four years and XO (Extra Old) at least six years.

I don't know if the aging process makes a difference in your tinctures. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Pepsi zero

Peanut i was gonna suggest getting an answer from Morgan. He beat me to it
I've only tried E &J and Christian Brothers so I'm not one to quiz. I choose E&J solely on flavor. After getting the description on aging, I tried all three and found I liked the VSOP best. I am going to try and locate some of the others Morgan mentioned.
On a side note, we make our own Vanilla and have found brandy makes a very good vanilla.
As a side note, I'm not a big drinker. Usually ill have glass on Saturday night after a hard day.

Last edited:
Peanut i was gonna suggest getting an answer from Morgan. He beat me to it
I've only tried E &J and Christian Brothers so I'm not one to quiz. I choose E&J solely on flavor. After getting the description on aging, I tried all three and found I liked the VSOP best. I am going to try and locate some of the others Morgan mentioned.
On a side note, we make our own Vanilla and have found brandy makes a very good vanilla

Besides fruit vanilla is recommended for brandy. I don't think I have ever had it, but I would like to try it.

Besides fruit vanilla is recommended for brandy...

Indeed, in fact - If, by some miracle, ya Ever have the chance to some-crazy-how snag a fifth (or more..) of 'Navan'... DO IT.. Navan Liqueur 750ML 😍 That stuff - Now, pretty-much Unobtanium (though I Have seen one / two sources selling, online, for like $3-400. a fifth o_O but.. Outside That insanity, yah, IF ya ever happen across some, it's Worth it.. 👍

..'specially 'cut' 50/50 with Disarrono (Amaretto) - say Goodbye to Any-level of 'Winter Bone-chill' with That mix in the cup, So, so good. :cool:

jd

Normally I just drink water. We have the best tasting water that I've ever tried. But today I bought a cherry Pepsi at the gas station. I've never bought a Pepsi cola before. I have to admit that it was pretty good. I may try another one in a few weeks. Don't want to get hooked on it.

Last time I had two fingers in a drink I got a huge settlement from Wendy's.

Latest posts

Back