What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just nice clean, cool, clear water. No artificial flavor or color added. ;)

Yup!

I like lemon water, I have liquid minerals. So I add this to a glass of water each day. Hibiscus ice tea Too, I LOVE ice tea and would have 2 cups of strong coffee each morning. My bp has been high for years, been praying for guidance as to why. Then it came to me, try to stay away from caffeine and see what happens. Well, 1 day without my morning coffee, my Bp went way down. now I am looking for something for mornings, i like hot herbal teas, but nothing is what I want.

I like lemon water, I have liquid minerals. So I add this to a glass of water each day. Hibiscus ice tea Too, I LOVE ice tea and would have 2 cups of strong coffee each morning. My bp has been high for years, been praying for guidance as to why. Then it came to me, try to stay away from caffeine and see what happens. Well, 1 day without my morning coffee, my Bp went way down. now I am looking for something for mornings, i like hot herbal teas, but nothing is what I want.
Does decaf coffee make a difference for your blood pressure? Drinking any coffee would wake me up in the middle of the night when I started menopause. Even chocolate does. If I eat chocolate, I have a much more restless night.
Black tea has caffeine in it as well, and I read that it has more than coffee. I like a cup of chai sometimes instead of coffee, but it is made with black tea.

Had to stock up since it is getting warmer in the daytime. I looked at packages of CBD Hibiscus tea, but at $22.00 + a cylinder full, I passed. Maybe next time.

CBD Water
Full flavor. Zero calories.
Indulge in natural summer sweetness at any time of year - with zero calories, sugar or guilt. Colorado’s Best Drinks is proud to introduce two satisfying, sugar-free sparkling water options - Citrus Water and Hibiscus Tea. Both refreshing flavors are infused with 20 mg of broad spectrum hemp extract. Citrus Water and Hibiscus Tea each contain just four all-natural ingredients - Sparkling Water, Natural Flavor Extracts, Non-GMO Citric Acid, and PCR (phytocannabinoid-rich) Hemp Extract. Like our five classic CBD soda flavors, each and every BPA-free can of Citrus Water and Hibiscus Tea is vegan, non-GMO, and free of gluten, sodium and preservatives.

Sparkling CBD ginger ale.JPG

A lively mix of country time lemonade and goody's powder.
(Stupid $^%$!!#@&#$ back again.)
Other than that, it would be a cherry flavored white claw with a shot of cherry juice with cherry juice ice cubes cuz a watery drink sucks!

Had to stock up since it is getting warmer in the daytime. I looked at packages of CBD Hibiscus tea, but at $22.00 + a cylinder full, I passed. Maybe next time.

CBD Water
Full flavor. Zero calories.
Indulge in natural summer sweetness at any time of year - with zero calories, sugar or guilt. Colorado’s Best Drinks is proud to introduce two satisfying, sugar-free sparkling water options - Citrus Water and Hibiscus Tea. Both refreshing flavors are infused with 20 mg of broad spectrum hemp extract. Citrus Water and Hibiscus Tea each contain just four all-natural ingredients - Sparkling Water, Natural Flavor Extracts, Non-GMO Citric Acid, and PCR (phytocannabinoid-rich) Hemp Extract. Like our five classic CBD soda flavors, each and every BPA-free can of Citrus Water and Hibiscus Tea is vegan, non-GMO, and free of gluten, sodium and preservatives.

View attachment 85840
Just an FYI. CBD doesn't get you high. It helps with inflammation and other aspects of health. I slept well last night, thanks to the CBD beverage! An 80 year old woman recommended CBD to me relative to my back and other aches and pains. She uses CBD daily. The same woman was not happy when some people were smoking doobies at the dog park.

Just an FYI. CBD doesn't get you high. It helps with inflammation and other aspects of health. I slept well last night, thanks to the CBD beverage! An 80 year old woman recommended CBD to me relative to my back and other aches and pains. She uses CBD daily. The same woman was not happy when some people were smoking doobies at the dog park.
One of my 90+ year olds takes it for her arthritis, amazing difference in a few weeks after starting it!!

Wish I had a pool, lol... that sounds good. ;)

When I lived in Show Low, it never really got any higher than mid-90s, temp-wise, due to the elevation... but it was warm enough for me to set up my redneck pool area (on a carpet of needles, but next to the BBQ on a paver pad, lol). :)

Largest inflatable pool off the top shelf at WallyWorld, large quality beach umbrella (gift from surf shop) anchored securely in place with additional lines. Large cooler of beer within reach, small AM/FM transistor radio dangling from umbrella frame... :rolleyes:

All of this in paradise under the tall pines, 21 Ponderosas on my property alone, lol... had a fairly tall juniper privacy hedge out front, shielding a pool & party area set up on the SW corner of the lot. Nice afternoon sun there, perfect for lounging in the pool, lol. :cool:

Oh, yeah, there was a stone fire ring nearby too, not near the pool, but near a wooden picnic table I built from a kit, lol... painted forest green, the table fit right into the whole forest scene. 🏕

I had a Pawleys Island Hammock slung across one little grove or cluster of trees, that was also an integral part of the whole scene... swingin' in the hammock, watchin' the wild birds in the trees. Awesome place, I miss that home... 😢

Last edited:
Wish I had a pool, lol... that sounds good. ;)

When I lived in Show Low, it never really got any higher than mid-90s, temp-wise, due to the elevation... but it was warm enough for me to set up my redneck pool area (on a carpet of needles, but next to the BBQ on a paver pad, lol). :)

Largest inflatable pool off the top shelf at WallyWorld, large quality beach umbrella (gift from surf shop) anchored securely in place with additional lines. Large cooler of beer within reach, small AM/FM transistor radio dangling from umbrella frame... :rolleyes:

All of this in paradise under the tall pines, 21 Ponderosas on my property alone, lol... had a fairly tall juniper privacy hedge out front, shielding a pool & party area set up on the SW corner of the lot. Nice afternoon sun there, perfect for lounging in the pool, lol. :cool:

Oh, yeah, there was a stone fire ring nearby too, not near the pool, but near a wooden picnic table I built from a kit, lol... painted forest green, the table fit right into the whole forest scene. 🏕

I had a Pawleys Island Hammock slung across one little grove or cluster of trees, that was also an integral part of the whole scene... swingin' in the hammock, watchin' the wild birds in the trees. Awesome place, I miss that home... 😢
My first couple years of college in S.D., a couple of girls who went there, sisters, farmgirls, told me they had a pool. Their father told them if they dug a hole, he'd put concrete in it. They did and he did. Next year he told them if they dug a bigger hole, he'd concrete it. They did and he did. Got a shovel? That is what they used. The other thing is that there are liners that could be used instead of concrete. Put some sand on the bottom before the liner.

I bought several CBD's earlier this week, just to try them. I drank them frequently last summer. I found sparkling lemonade CBD and it was by far my favorite. I took the rest that I bought earlier back and exchanged them for sparkling lemonades.

sparkling lemonade cbd.JPG

I have been having trouble sleeping due to stress so I decided to use my Grandma's cure. A shot of McNaughton whiskey before bed. She drank it straight out of a Tupperware cup with a Tupperware cup of water.
I'm not as tough as Grandma so I'll drink it on the rocks.:)
I have never been a hard liquor drinker but I gave it a try last night and I slept pretty well.

I'm killing off a bottle of maple mead I made a couple months back. I call this "making room in the wine rack for the cabernet sauvignon that's currently in the carboy". If I may borrow from the Coast Guard, Semper Paratus - always prepared, even if I may be a mite too inebriated to do anything useful. I make sacrifices so you don't have to.

I'm killing off a bottle of maple mead I made a couple months back. I call this "making room in the wine rack for the cabernet sauvignon that's currently in the carboy". If I may borrow from the Coast Guard, Semper Paratus - always prepared, even if I may be a mite too inebriated to do anything useful. I make sacrifices so you don't have to.
Did you buy that bottle from Mike Rowe?

Latest posts

Back