What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been having a Fireball Eggnog every night before bed.

1E7B417D-1F75-4624-807F-E3DBDDF33073.jpeg

This is something a little different for the holidays. A slightly different version of the original

Christmas Grasshopper

Mix in a blender:
2 oz. Dark Creme de Menthe
2 oz. Dark Creme de Cocoa
2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
Fill remainder of blender with ice. Blend until thoroughly mixed
Garnish with a Candy Cane. Top with whipped cream and a cherry.

Should look something like this just a little darker.

View attachment 77214
I would be sick for a month (allergic to milk) but wow that might just be worth it 😊

This is something a little different for the holidays. A slightly different version of the original

Christmas Grasshopper

Mix in a blender:

View attachment 77214

I'm going to be trying that!

This is another After Dinner selection that is always a huge hit.

Brown Squirrel

Mix in a blender:
2 oz. Amaretto
Optional: Top with whipped cream and a cherry.

This is another After Dinner selection that is always a huge hit.

Brown Squirrel

Mix in a blender:
2 oz. Amaretto
Optional: Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
You are a cruel cruel man!

You are a cruel cruel man!

Not by intent, LadyL. All of the recipes I have contain alcohol. If it is any consolation the alcohol content of these liqueurs is pretty low. Neither the Brown Squirrel of the Christmas Grasshopper will be very strong. I don't know of any nonalcoholic substitutes but maybe you do. For the Grasshopper you could probably use Chocolate Mint ice cream and chocolate milk. Amaretto is a sweet almond flavored liqueur. If you know of an almond extract you could probably use that with chocolate ice cream or chocolate milk. If you blend it it should come out like a milk shake. Hope this helps.

Not by intent, LadyL. All of the recipes I have contain alcohol. If it is any consolation the alcohol content of these liqueurs is pretty low. Neither the Brown Squirrel of the Christmas Grasshopper will be very strong. I don't know of any nonalcoholic substitutes but maybe you do. For the Grasshopper you could probably use Chocolate Mint ice cream and chocolate milk. Amaretto is a sweet almond flavored liqueur. If you know of an almond extract you could probably use that with chocolate ice cream or chocolate milk. If you blend it it should come out like a milk shake. Hope this helps.
It's not the alcohol I'm allergic to. It's the milk - and I love it. I've spent my whole life dealing with it so it's nothing new to me but you list a recipe like that and it sure is tempting.

It's not the alcohol I'm allergic to. It's the milk - and I love it. I've spent my whole life dealing with it so it's nothing new to me but you list a recipe like that and it sure is tempting.

O.K. I will find something special for you with no milk or ice cream.

Okay LadyLocust. See how you like these.

Santa's Hat

Take an 8oz, tumbler and coat the rim with sugar. You can put sugar in a saucer and wet the rim of the glass. If you have coconut you can add that to the rim with the sugar.

Fill the glass with ice.

Add 1 oz of maraschino cherry juice or Grenadine

Top with Cherry 7-Up.

Garnish with a candy cane and a maraschino cherry.

If you want to make it an adult beverage add an ounce or two of vodka or rum.

Christmas Sours

Take a can of frozen lemonade and put it in a blender with ice

Add 2-3 ounces of Grenadine

Fill the blender with ice and blend.

Garnish with a cherry and orange slice

To make it an adult beverage add 3-4 ounces of bourbon to the blender.

The funny thing is I'm a one drink wonder - don't really drink much.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but one drink is much more than I can deal with. I will get sick, vomit, and have a hang over from one drink. Since alcoholism runs in my family, I consider it a blessing. I have had a really bad hangover from a very small amount of champagne. I have heard that champagne can give many people a hangover though.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but one drink is much more than I can deal with. I will get sick, vomit, and have a hang over from one drink. Since alcoholism runs in my family, I consider it a blessing. I have had a really bad hangover from a very small amount of champagne. I have heard that champagne can give many people a hangover though.
I just mean it is very seldom I have more than 1 drink. I don't get the results you do, but don't like how I feel and the sugars get to me a little.

Christmas Grasshopper

Mix in a blender:

View attachment 77214
YUM!

Latest posts

Back