What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished my first stressmas drinks with my nephew, Honey buck mead, real good chance it was made with honey from bees that live on my ranch, at least it is part of the payment for said hives living on my ranch, it is the start of a good drunk, for sure,

Just finished my first stressmas drinks with my nephew, Honey buck mead, real good chance it was made with honey from bees that live on my ranch, at least it is part of the payment for said hives living on my ranch, it is the start of a good drunk, for sure,
I almost remember the time the mead snuck up. on me :)

The Princess is prepping to keep bees to make mead. The veils come in handy when eradicating wasps etc.

She is a good Princess!

Ben

Dry January!
I actually feel a whole lot better (no wine), dangit. Been using my sodastream I got my husband and I for Christmas and it's been fantastic. I mix the cherry and lime flavors and its surprisingly quite good.

Having some friends over this coming Saturday night to play cards. Couples kind of night. I stocked up on ice cream, and the blender will be running on high. They will have their choice of any ice cream drink plus a few specialties, which are always a big hit. When we all lived on the same street we had a Christmas party every year, and I was required to make ice cream drinks.

I drink mostly water. We have a deep well that produces the best tasting water ever.
Of course I also enjoy a good top shelf scotch and a Cuban cigar occasionally.
I use a lot of rum, bourbon and vodka while cooking too.

You are a kindred spirit. I have several scotches in my bar both blended and single malt; a nice variety of Ryes, and Irish Whiskey. Don't ask me what I like best. It would be like asking which child you love the most. I love them all.

My interest in cigars has been rekindled with a good friend who enjoys them as much as I do. There is a nice little cigar bar close to the house that we frequent. I love Cohibas, but they are a little pricey and saved for a special occasion. I would recommend trying the Macanudo Inspirado Black, and the Perdomo Lot 23 if you haven't tried them. Really nice cigars and a little easier on the wallet.

You are a kindred spirit. I have several scotches in my bar both blended and single malt; a nice variety of Ryes, and Irish Whiskey. Don't ask me what I like best. It would be like asking which child you love the most. I love them all.

My interest in cigars has been rekindled with a good friend who enjoys them as much as I do. There is a nice little cigar bar close to the house that we frequent. I love Cohibas, but they are a little pricey and saved for a special occasion. I would recommend trying the Macanudo Inspirado Black, and the Perdomo Lot 23 if you haven't tried them. Really nice cigars and a little easier on the wallet.
The best scotch that I've ever had the pleasure of drinking was over 200 years old. It was found in an old ship wreck. It was several hundred dollars a shot, but dang it was good. I like the Cohibas too, good choice. When I worked overseas I was always bringing Cuban cigars home. Right now my everyday smoke is a little rum or cognac dipped Al Capone. Its too cold to be outside smoking a full size cigar right now. And for some reason the wife won't let me smoke inside! Shes a mean woman.

Cigar smoking is an outdoor sport. No doubt. Depending on the day, when I return from the cigar bar, I have been asked to disrobe in the laundry room and change clothes. What's the problem? I think it smells great. :dunno:

Cigar smoking is an outdoor sport. No doubt. Depending on the day, when I return from the cigar bar, I have been asked to disrobe in the laundry room and change clothes. What's the problem? I think it smells great. :dunno:
Sounds like my woman. I dont get it, she cooks stuff that stinks the whole house up, but says I stink after enjoying a good quality cigar. Women! It they weren't so fun to play with, who'd need one?

I tend to enjoy Punch Dark wrappers. But a new favorite are NUB. Very nice cigar.
And yeah wife don't like them much. I always get the request to wash my beard. 😁

I tend to enjoy Punch Dark wrappers. But a new favorite are NUB. Very nice cigar.
And yeah wife don't like them much. I always get the request to wash my beard. 😁

Punch is an excellent choice. I don't think I have ever had a NUB.

Just a shot of tequila followed by a fast beer chaser. A couple of aspirin and then dinner - tacos I think.
Then I will fall into my wife's arms. As love explodes around us we will both find peace and tears will be of happiness.

May the creator be with all of us.

Latest posts

Back