What Are You Listening To?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets talk about the darker side. I listen to a very wide spread of music artists. One for tonite;

He has some other ones and I have made references to him on that. I live life and see things through music as do the artists I often post. I only wish I had their talent but it provides an outlet which could be important and valuable should things go bad.

Another group with a song for those of us that have had to be away from our families. As the holidays approach, I wonder how things will affect people. If or when the shtf, it may be another outlet for some.

Well, I just got hung up for 7 minutes, lol. Led Zeppelin is my favorite band followed up by Black Sabbath/Ozzy.

I can remember back in the 70's throwing that album on the platter, sitting back in the chair with headphones on and cranking it. If ya know ya know. 😂

Well, I just got hung up for 7 minutes, lol. Led Zeppelin is my favorite band followed up by Black Sabbath/Ozzy.

So what's the odds. I no more than posted this ^^, went out to run down to the store, and when I get in the car Crazy Train was on the radio.

David Allan Coe, Haggard, Johnny Cash, little bit of Waylon Jennings and Jason Aldean.

I like the first four... but wasn't Aldean on stage during the false flag Vegas "mass shooting?" 😒

Somehow that doesn't sit well with me, like he was part of the setup... :confused:

I still think it was all BS... and so do many others. 🤔

Some songs are just fun to play, this is one of them. I play it almost every day. It was first recorded in 1961 by a western swing band. In 1976 it was made famous by a group "Asleep at the Wheel"... Miles of Texas. This recording is by IIIrd Tyme Out. They play it in the key of "C". But the acostic guitar uses a capo on the 5th fret and plays out of "G". Thats the reason the guitar sounds a little different.

I like the first four... but wasn't Aldean on stage during the false flag Vegas "mass shooting?" 😒

Somehow that doesn't sit well with me, like he was part of the setup... :confused:

I still think it was all BS... and so do many others. 🤔
I believe he was flipping the bird in the direction of the shooter while onstage.

Well looks like this thread hasn't been poked a bit so since I'm going through my playlists I stream to various electronics I found one I've not heard in awhile. So, here it is. I don't find it offensive so hopefully no one else does.

Original version :

A "modified" version :

Code:
Hopelessly passing your time in the grassland away
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air
You better watch out
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan, and I have seen
Things are not what they seem

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real
Meek and obedient you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel
What a surprise

The look of terminal shock in your eyes
Now things are really what they seem
No, this is no bad dream

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
He makes me down to lie
Through pastures green He leadeth me the silent waters by
With bright knives he releaseth my soul

He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places
He converteth me to lamb cutlets
For lo, He hath great power, and great hunger
When cometh the day we lowly ones

Through quiet reflection, and great dedication
Master the art of karate
Lo, we shall rise up
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream
Wave upon wave of demented avengers
March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream

Have you heard the news?
The dogs are dead
You better stay home
And do as you're told
Get out of the road if you want to grow old
Sheep Lyrics. (n.d.). Lyrics.com. Retrieved November 24, 2021, from Pink Floyd - Sheep Lyrics | Lyrics.com.

Seems a bit of a twisted version of where the world is today. I love digging out classics from my archives. :dancing:

Wow. this brings back a LOT of memories and makes me want a hit of sunshine or microdot.

Latest posts

Back