What's Everybody Canning?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to try meatloaf tomorrow. Since everyone was talking about it I went and watched Bexar Peppers video again and now I'm craving it.

i had a recipe for hamburger/hotdog relish and seem to have lost it. i haven't made it in years,but sil asked for more. it was cabbage,greem tomatoes, and it called for a quart of prepared mustard. if anyone has this recipe or knows where i can find it please let me know. i am not very computer savy, but i have been trying to find it .

Last edited:
i had a trcipe for hamburger/hotdog relish and seem to have lost it. i haven;t made it in years,but sil asked for more. it was cabbage,greem tomatoes, and it called for a quart of prepared mustard. if anyone has this recipe ir knows where i can find it please let me know. i am not very computer savy, but i have been trying to find it .
Try looking under cucumber relish or green tomato relish.

I was watching a couple of YT videos that said the same thing about "off" tasting canned potatoes and
how they got around it was canning it with in Lipton french onion soup mix.
Apparently it's also good with carrots.

I may try it for potatoes Tank. But our carrot's come out great so not messing with them. But thanks for potato remedy.:cool:

yes meerkat we are ,but i'm ready to wind down on these onions and taters. we have the last 2 dishpans of onions peeled and washed, ready to be chopped. that's all the onions i want to do. then we will finish taters this week. we have 6 large crates of the taters. if there is anymore will let the animals have them. at least they won't go to waste.

yes meerkat we are ,but i'm ready to wind down on these onions and taters. we have the last 2 dishpans of onions peeled and washed, ready to be chopped. that's all the onions i want to do. then we will finish taters this week. we have 6 large crates of the taters. if there is anymore will let the animals have them. at least they won't go to waste.
How do you can your onions ?

Okay here I go again. went to see my Mother yesterday and no one is picking her grapes. So hubby,daughter, and I are going to pick them tomorrow. Her vines are loaded. She said she didn't won't to fool with them. Anyway I have plenty of jelly. so I think I will just make juice and can it up.

We were going to buy and can some meat since it is on sale everywhere now.
But last night we had a T-bone and ribeye and meat just doesn't tastes like meat anymore. We cook 4 steaks and eat them two days.And I do know the difference. So I gave both my steaks to the dogs. Hubby ate his of course.
We have chickens for eggs so that will be my protein along with veggies.

That's one reason im buying fewer canned meat products in the can.like chili.the meat don't. Taste like meat.the chili don't taste like it use to.and to top it off.their putting who knows what in it now.and thats why i have in the area of,2 cases/boxes of home made chili now.same thing for chicken soup as well.

I got 14 quarts of taters and 1 full dehydrator. I didn't have any help today as daughter had something else to do . Anyway we are down to a little over a case now. Maybe we can finish with them in the next couple of days.

Tater lady has 3 taters left that is gonna be part of hubby's supper tonight. 7 quarts in the canner and 4 dehydrators going. that's all folks. But, all jokes aside,I'm very glad to have gotten them and very grateful to the lady for thinking of me.

Latest posts

Back