What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I found amazing when I first started watching... These guys are traveling so fast on bicycles that drafting plays an important role (being pulled by the air currents of a rider in front of you). No different than drafting with cars in a Nascar race and one heck of a lot more dangerous.

One of my favorite shows to watch over the last 15 years has been Top Gear owned by the BBC network. It’s a show about automobiles. Three hosts each choose a vehicle based on the theme of the episode & usually will travel somewhere on the planet & finish odd challenges using said vehicles. It is a comedy series as well, usually having me laugh out loud. My favorite host is Jeremy Clarkson, who is the host of this new reality comedy series called Clarkson’s Farm. I watched the first episode last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. If someone asked me to run a farm, I would look just like him 😂

“Join Jeremy Clarkson on his latest harebrained scheme: owning and managing a farm! The Grand Tour presenter swaps supercars for tractors in what's sure to be a complete farming success! Or maybe not...”

British humor is definitely my favorite and Clarkson is very funny.

When I was younger and when I didn't beat my brother to the remote, I'd often watch Top Gear with him. I couldn't care less about cars but the show was entertaining, for sure!

Typo edit.

Last edited:
My copy of "Band of Brothers" came in last week, Yea! I saw it in its entirety the first time it was aired on regular tv. In the years since its always been aired all in one day. It usually starts a 6am or some other early hour. By the time I notice its being aired episode 7 or 8 is on (out of 10). Finally, I can watch the whole production again.

Last night I watched episode 1, plan to watch episode 2 tonight... I'm already glad I bought a copy!

Band of Brothers.JPG

Watching stage 1 of the Tour de France this morning. The french country side is beautiful. This morning I started noticing medicinal plants the riders were streaming by. The camera resolution is quite high and some plants really stick out. Queen Ann's Lace is in full bloom and I keep seeing another carrot family plant but can't figure it out.. I see lots of Elderberry blooming in spots. There are some yellow flowers I know are asters, haven't figured out the species yet...

And the bike riding is interesting also... lol.

Hey, that's my name! Never watched that one but when I was a kid, I did watch the Hepburn movie.

I'm watching beautiful white animals.

@Peanut . At the 0:45 mark, I found your namesake 😏

More bicycle racing yesterday and today. Yesterday was amazing, a french kid who's grandfather was a racer also, won the yellow jersey. It signifies the over all leader of the race at the end of each day. His grandfather was famous and a favorite of the french people for years but never got to wear the yellow jersey, tried for many years... This was the first tour of the grandson, the second day of racing... and he won the jersey and then kept the jersey today also.

Several bad wrecks today. One famous guy, who'd won the race before, separated his shoulder in an early wreck, then raced for another 65 miles, finishing today's stage. These guys are tough! or crazy!

Last night I watched 2 more episodes of "Band of Brothers", 2 left.

The 4400. My wife likes those types of shows.

In the series' pilot episode, a ball of light deposits a group of 4400 people in the Cascade Range foothills near Mount Rainier, Washington in the United States. Each of the 4400 had disappeared in a beam of white light in 1946 or after. None of them have aged from the time of their disappearance. Confused and disoriented, they have no memories of what transpired prior to their return.

I recommend the "Absolute Mad Lads" series from Count Dankula. Some are crazy, others funny, or disturbing or a little sad. But the stories are always interesting.

Watching the one on Charles Upham, who was a mad lad in the best sense. The Nightmare POW.

Is the Harrison movie the same story?
It is the same basic story about Sabrina. Different versions always have a little difference in them. Sabrina lives with her father above the garage and is a chauffer for the Larabees. Sabrina goes to Paris and comes back as a swan who is all of a sudden beautiful, noticed.

More bicycle racing yesterday and today. Yesterday was amazing, a french kid who's grandfather was a racer also, won the yellow jersey. It signifies the over all leader of the race at the end of each day. His grandfather was famous and a favorite of the french people for years but never got to wear the yellow jersey, tried for many years... This was the first tour of the grandson, the second day of racing... and he won the jersey and then kept the jersey today also.

Several bad wrecks today. One famous guy, who'd won the race before, separated his shoulder in an early wreck, then raced for another 65 miles, finishing today's stage. These guys are tough! or crazy!

Last night I watched 2 more episodes of "Band of Brothers", 2 left.
I'm sure you've seen that there is a protest at the starting line today due to unsafe conditions for riders.

Have they found the woman with the sign who knocked down a rider on Saturday? I haven't seen anything that says they have. She is probably staying home and being quiet, knowing there is a potential law suit coming her way, but her face is out there for the whole world to see.

Last edited:
@Weedygarden , I'm watching both Sabrina movies. I finished the original and have started the 1995 one.
I watched the original one last night. I had no memory that Humphrey Bogart was in it, or maybe I never knew that. So interesting to see the difference in the two movies. I'll be curious what you thought when you are finished watching both of them.

No news on the lady... She was just an idiot doing something stupid, completely unaware of the race she was there to see, bone head! She's not the first though, seems every year there is a crash of some sort because of a spectator. It's not the first time riders were seriously injured either. Routinely riders complain or bruises on their arms and shoulders simply from morons holding out cameras to film or photo. When riders are traveling 25+mph just holding out a hand or smart phone hurts like heck.

But what can be done? Today's route is over 95 miles. There aren't enough police to line the entire route. Today's protest is just symbolic, nothing will come from it. Every rider or team have different motivations. For instance, this one race generates funds that support (one way or another) the entire bike racing community of France for the entire year, training, youth programs etc, all of it. They aren't going to support a stoppage or general strike. There are french riders are on many teams from other countries, not just on french teams. At the end of the day there are as many view points as there are riders.

Yesterday there were 3 really bad crashes (broken bones), none of them had anything to do with spectators.

Today's race... they rode for 1 km then stopped for 1 minute. Rode slowly for a couple km's then it was on! A great race actually.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back