What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved Misery. Definitely would watch again and I even told my sister, she had to check it out.
The creepy aspect is the appeal for me and this type of movies. How well can it be portrayed? Will it be over the top or be disturbingly normal that it could be actually happen? Not that I would want it to, but the realism makes it better.

I had heard people talking about Misery on a podcast, when talking about not always trusting people who seem really really really nice on the surface and one of the guys used the movie as an example.

I didn't care for it or Misery or similar. There is enough creepy in real life. No reason to sit and watch it on the tube. Those type movies aren't my cup of tea.

I think I have read almost all of Stephen King's books and watched the movies. Misery is a good one imo, but ( don't ban me!!LOL) is the Stand. His stuff is mostly so unrealistic it's fun to watch because it isn't anything like reality. Covid was very different from the Stand.....

You also wouldn't like what I am currently watching, found another Korean TV show :Beyond Evil, about a serial killer in a small town.

268D7574-3B41-4ECC-9B18-34F88010DC27.jpeg

I’m 1/3 into this movie & I’m laughing out loud!
I’m currently watching it on Amazon Prime

I watched "The Tomorrow War" over the long weekend, I watched it in bits and pieces (15 minutes at a time while cooling off from outside), sort of enjoyed it from a monsters from space type movie perspective. Then on Sunday night I sat down and watched it in one sitting. Towards the end of the movie, one of the guys who is a complete fail is sitting with a bag of guns and magazines as they go to kill the beast... For me the big fail in that scene was all the cartage followers are showing on the magazines (as in empty).

The third season of Virgin River starts tomorrow. I watched it in April and don't want to watch it all again. Sometimes when there has been so much time between new episodes, I completely forget what happened, but am not wanting to watch all of it again. Some shows, I can watch a few times, depending on what it is. And some shows I can watch over again, spread out for years.

I loved Misery. Definitely would watch again and I even told my sister, she had to check it out.
The creepy aspect is the appeal for me and this type of movies. How well can it be portrayed? Will it be over the top or be disturbingly normal that it could be actually happen? Not that I would want it to, but the realism makes it better.

I had heard people talking about Misery on a podcast, when talking about not always trusting people who seem really really really nice on the surface and one of the guys used the movie as an example.
It is a movie based on a Stephen King book. Have you watched other Stephen King movies? I have had students, lower elementary boys, who loved, loved, loved Stephen King. Even at that young age, they were all about finding books by him and reading them. I am not sure they fully comprehended them, but if it got them reading, that was great.

There are some surprises in this list. Shawshank Redemption is based on a novella by Stephen King.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_adaptations_of_works_by_Stephen_King

It is a movie based on a Stephen King book. Have you watched other Stephen King movies? I have had students, lower elementary boys, who loved, loved, loved Stephen King. Even at that young age, they were all about finding books by him and reading them. I am not sure they fully comprehended them, but if it got them reading, that was great.

There are some surprises in this list. Shawshank Redemption is based on a novella by Stephen King.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_adaptations_of_works_by_Stephen_King

Oh I didn't know Shawshank was from Stephen King! I also loved that movie. Easily in my top 20. I watched it on repeat a few months ago.

That list definitely had some surprises. I've watched The Shining - I know it's a classic but it was okay, for me.
I watched The Green Mile another favorite of mine.
Secret Window - that was years ago but I did like that one, as well. I remember confusing it with Rear Window 😆
Children of the Corn, but I was a kid when I watched it and can barely remember it.

I did watch Under the Dome. I should try looking for that again. I liked it.

I've heard good things about Carried, Cujo. Maybe I'll check them out too.

Oh I didn't know Shawshank was from Stephen King! I also loved that movie. Easily in my top 20. I watched it on repeat a few months ago.

That list definitely had some surprises. I've watched The Shining - I know it's a classic but it was okay, for me.
I watched The Green Mile another favorite of mine.
Secret Window - that was years ago but I did like that one, as well. I remember confusing it with Rear Window 😆
Children of the Corn, but I was a kid when I watched it and can barely remember it.

I did watch Under the Dome. I should try looking for that again. I liked it.

I've heard good things about Carried, Cujo. Maybe I'll check them out too.
I tend to find something I like, then I research it for actors, actresses, writers, and more. Then I make myself lists and search for as many things as I can with the same people involved. I do this for authors of books as well, and I believe I am not alone.
Do you know how much really boring stuff there is out there? IMHO, lots!

Do you know how much really boring stuff there is out there? IMHO, lots!
Yes, lots! 🤣

I do the same thing but only with actors. When I was watching Shawshank on repeat, I was on a 90s movies binge. That led me to The Green Mile, then as many Tom Hanks movies as I could find. Which led me to war movies after watching Saving Private Ryan.

Recently, it was Will Ferrell for stupid hut hilarious movies.

When I was younger I was stuck on two authors, one of them was Meg Cabot who wrote teen romance novels.

Right now, I'm back to 90s or around that time, specifically for movies I watched as a kid. So far I have Gremlins, The Witches of Eastwick, A.I., the Sixth Sense, The Island (technically not 90s but it made the list).

Yes, lots! 🤣

I do the same thing but only with actors. When I was watching Shawshank on repeat, I was on a 90s movies binge. That led me to The Green Mile, then as many Tom Hanks movies as I could find. Which led me to war movies after watching Saving Private Ryan.

Recently, it was Will Ferrell for stupid hut hilarious movies.

When I was younger I was stuck on two authors, one of them was Meg Cabot who wrote teen romance novels.

Right now, I'm back to 90s or around that time, specifically for movies I watched as a kid. So far I have Gremlins, The Witches of Eastwick, A.I., the Sixth Sense, The Island (technically not 90s but it made the list).
It is interesting. I watched lots of Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. Some movies are often replayed on television, or were. Shawshank Redemption, You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, Forrest Gump, and way back, the Wizard of Oz.

When I was teaching and working 12 to 15 hours a day, I saw very few movies for years. Even when I was in h.s. and college, I was always super busy with full class loads and work on the side. When I did go to movies, I often fell asleep. Life is different now that I am retired and especially during COVID.

I agree with what’s been said about Manifest. Loved the first season, but by the end if the second season it was getting to be over the top in weirdness. If they came out with a fourth season I’d still watch it, but mostly because I’d be holding out hope that it would get back on track

It really reminded me of the show Resurrection - great first season, off-the-rails weird by the end of the second season. And that killed the show.

Just finished watching Heartland. All 13 seasons… I like to have it on when I’m washing dishes or doing laundry - or any general housework. Something I don’t have to think too much about to follow along.

Now I’m on Virgin River. And I am re-watching the first two seasons in preparation for watching the third, since it’s been a while.

Misery reminded me of "The Beguiled", had the same creepy air to it. The Beguiled, Clint Eastwood as a wounded soldier in an all girls school, romance, intrigue and murder.
There is a newer version of "The Beguiled" out on Netflix. Nicole Kidman, Colin Farrell

I agree with what’s been said about Manifest. Loved the first season, but by the end if the second season it was getting to be over the top in weirdness. If they came out with a fourth season I’d still watch it, but mostly because I’d be holding out hope that it would get back on track

It really reminded me of the show Resurrection - great first season, off-the-rails weird by the end of the second season. And that killed the show.

Just finished watching Heartland. All 13 seasons… I like to have it on when I’m washing dishes or doing laundry - or any general housework. Something I don’t have to think too much about to follow along.

Now I’m on Virgin River. And I am re-watching the first two seasons in preparation for watching the third, since it’s been a while.
I am going to be curious how you like Season 3 of Virgin River.

Yesterday I watched 1917 for the first time and it was amazing. I'm always kind of behind when it comes to stuff. Nostalgic viewer, lol.

Watching The Island now and man, it has a different tone for our current days 😆 veeeeeery different perspective. It's still cool.

Yesterday I watched 1917 for the first time and it was amazing. I'm always kind of behind when it comes to stuff. Nostalgic viewer, lol.

Watching The Island now and man, it has a different tone for our current days 😆 veeeeeery different perspective. It's still cool.
I have not seen "1917."
A friend of mine and I will watch stuff at the same time, approximately sometimes and compare notes and ideas. One of our lists included trying to see everything Colin Firth was in. We are maybe 2/3 through the list. He has been in more than 80 movies and I believe he was in "1917." I believe I have to pay to view that, which is why I haven't watched it yet. I pay to watch movies occasionally, but not regularly.

Back