What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up to 58* today! The illegals did not quite get done with my garage. They "said" they would be back tomorrow to finish up. We'll see. They only have some trim to put on yet. Maybe an hour or so.
The last two days we had a bald eagle hanging around here. I know they are common in many places but not too many down here in AZ.

Do you have an extra room for a couple months out of the year? Hell with that kinda of weather could we just pitch a tent in your backyard? We will work hard!
Now you know you would not trade your life for living my wonderful desert. But in time of trouble you and your family would always be welcome.

Older people tend to lean that way :p:LOL:
Yeah we do. Some of the medications we take set our systems out of whack. I can identify with a woman going through mentalpause! (No disrespect intended)

Yeah we do. Some of the medications we take set our systems out of whack. I can identify with a woman going through mentalpause! (No disrespect intended)
Really?? I always figured it might have to do with circulation,at least for some anyway,I'd never thought about the medicines.

Really?? I always figured it might have to do with circulation,at least for some anyway,I'd never thought about the medicines.

Circulation may be the Problem for some, Medications for others, then you have those who have Thyroid or Parathyroid Issues which can cause one to feel Cold or Hot. I have End Stage Renal Failure which effects my Parathyroid and causes me to feel Cold in very Mild Temps.

Gumpy : 70 is winter a good day starts at 90.

Oh heck no! 90 degrees is when I would put on my silver asbestos suit so I could go outside and tie my enemies to a tree so I can watch them die quickly from heat stroke! I believe the surface of the sun is 90 degrees.

hot.gif

Circulation may be the Problem for some, Medications for others, then you have those who have Thyroid or Parathyroid Issues which can cause one to feel Cold or Hot. I have End Stage Renal Failure which effects my Parathyroid and causes me to feel Cold in very Mild Temps.
I'm sorry to hear that. I'll put you on my prayer list also.

Sorry to hear that, Camo.
My mom has thyroid issues and is always cold.
Leaving to see her and other family.
Off to the farm this morning!
Hate the long drive
Prayers for you to have a safe journey.

I understand all that and sorry to hear of your troubles. My dad passed away from renal failure do to some medications they gave him for his diabetes. Yeah I knew it wasn't just circulation that it was different problems for different people and just didn't realize that that many had problems with being cold because of medications but it doesn't surprise me. I heard once that the drug makers intentional put stuff in the medicines to cause other issues so they can sell more drugs to handle those issues too and it wouldn't surprise me if that's true.

I heard once that the drug makers intentional put stuff in the medicines to cause other issues so they can sell more drugs to handle those issues too and it wouldn't surprise me if that's true.
It wouldn't surprise me. Years ago when I first started having bad arthritis trouble, I was on meds for side effects, then meds for those side effects. I got mad and quit all but the original medication and felt a whole lot better!

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard once that the drug makers intentional put stuff in the medicines to cause other issues so they can sell more drugs to handle those issues too and it wouldn't surprise me if that's true.

It wouldn't surprise me. Years ago when I first started having bad arthritis trouble, I was on meds for side effects, then meds for those side effects. I got mad and quit all but the original medication and felt a whole lot better!
That sounds like my wife. She was having some kind of issues,don't remember now what she said they was,but they had her on around a dozen medications and she developed 5 brain tumors and the docs said she had 6 months to live,this was back around 2,000. She got mad,through all her medications in the toilet,went back to the doc 6 months later and the doc was surprised to see her still alive. They did another scan and all the tumors except for the 1 she'd had since she was a kid were miraculously gone. Here 17 years later she's still alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife and I wouldn't even need a car if it wouldn't for doctors , ya know, visits constantly.

Todays doctors have become super pill pushers, and they are not studied up in pharmacology.

They had my wife on a emergency BP pill , (thats only good for a quick ER 4 hours) for her BP maintenance .

Her BP was good for 4 outta 24 hrs:rolleyes:..till my Doctor friend heard her talking, and gave her the right one, for BP maintenance,

Now today....she is dragging me out bargain shopping again...to the town in the other direction...
and the wind chill is -4.:heart:

Jim

Woke up this morning to find it was -13 degrees and it is garbage day. So I climbed out of bed in my shorts and t-shirt, put on some shoes and a light jacket and took the garbage can out to the curb. Same time neighbor came out to fetch his newspaper so we stood and chatted for a bit. Nothing wake you up like a nice cold slap in the face!

It almost got up to freezing here yesterday.

Hi guys, been busy here, today I'm warming up the shop so I can go work on my wife's truck and my truck. Tgen to get the house ready for guests that are showing up friday

Wife and I wouldn't even need a car if it wouldn't for doctors , ya know, visits constantly.

Todays doctors have become super pill pushers, and they are not studied up in pharmacology.

They had my wife on a emergency BP pill , (thats only good for a quick ER 4 hours) for her BP maintenance .

Her BP was good for 4 outta 24 hrs:rolleyes:..till my Doctor friend heard her talking, and gave her the right one, for BP maintenance,

Now today....she is dragging me out bargain shopping again...to the town in the other direction...
and the wind chill is -4.:heart:

Jim

Our wind chill is -14 right now,actual temp is 0.

Still working on second layer greenhouse cover. And housework, good day so far.

Found a gas leak in van at Loews yesterday, Think it where we changed the fuel pump a couple months ago. More work.

Thinking of opening back up the floor in van to see the line that is leaking. Hubby went thru floor instead of taking off gas tank.

Why couldn't they leave well enough alone!!! And leave the fuel pump on the side of the engine instead of putting it under the dog gone floor board? :dunno:. Not only does it put the opening closer to passengers but it is also hell to repair.:rolleyes::confused:

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that. I'll put you on my prayer list also.

Thank You Gumpy, I need all the help I can get. Right now I am doing Peritoneal Dialysis at Home, and I feel pretty good now. A few Months ago I was dying from Uremic Poisoning, which is awfully miserable. I hope to get a Kidney Transplant, but the average wait is 3-4 years. I still adjusting and trying to adapt and over come, but I am strong willed and God is good.

Prayers for you to have a safe journey.

I understand all that and sorry to hear of your troubles. My dad passed away from renal failure do to some medications they gave him for his diabetes. Yeah I knew it wasn't just circulation that it was different problems for different people and just didn't realize that that many had problems with being cold because of medications but it doesn't surprise me. I heard once that the drug makers intentional put stuff in the medicines to cause other issues so they can sell more drugs to handle those issues too and it wouldn't surprise me if that's true.

Thank You squirrelhunter, my Renal failure was due in part to Medication for Diabetes, and that same Medication almost killed my Neighbor. Most Medications are very dangerous Chemicals, and Doctors hope that the benefits out weigh the bad side effects. We should all be very careful about taking any Allopathic Medication, except in the most severe cases. Herbs can be, and often are, just as effective and safer to use, but even Herbs can, and do have unintended side effects if used or mixed inappropriately.

I prefer cold to hot. You can always put on more layers if it’s cold but there are limits to how many layers you can take off if it’s too hot. The downside to cold is that every bone I have broken and joint I have destroyed complain when they get cold. It’s not bad this morning -15 and light snow

Thank You squirrelhunter, my Renal failure was due in part to Medication for Diabetes, and that same Medication almost killed my Neighbor. Most Medications are very dangerous Chemicals, and Doctors hope that the benefits out weigh the bad side effects. We should all be very careful about taking any Allopathic Medication, except in the most severe cases. Herbs can be, and often are, just as effective and safer to use, but even Herbs can, and do have unintended side effects if used or mixed inappropriately.

My goodness Camo I didn't know you were sick. So sorry hope your better and beat this thing. I totally agree with you on the meds thing.
I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Get hubby to say an extra prayer with me for you tonight. :heart:

Still working on second layer greenhouse cover. And housework, good day so far.

Found a gas leak in van at Loews yesterday, Think it where we changed the fuel pump a couple months ago. More work.

Thinking of opening back up the floor in van to see the line that is leaking. Hubby went thru floor instead of taking off gas tank.

Why couldn't they leave well enough alone!!! And leave the fuel pump on the side of the engine instead of putting it under the dog gone floor board? :dunno:. Not only does it put the opening closer to passengers but it is also hell to repair.:rolleyes::confused:

When the engineers design a vehicle they don't care about repair troubles because they're not the ones that's going to be repairing it,some mechanic is ;)

When the engineers design a vehicle they don't care about repair troubles because they're not the ones that's going to be repairing it,some mechanic is ;)

Problem is they seem to be getting dumber by the year as time goes by.:( Now hubby will pay for their ignorance . :cry: Good thing we have that little old truck that is a 1987 maybe they still had a little common sense back then.. :cool:

Problem is they seem to be getting dumber by the year as time goes by.:( Now hubby will pay for their ignorance . :cry: Good thing we have that little old truck that is a 1987 maybe they still had a little common sense back then.. :cool:
Yeah some more but in the 80s or even late 70s is when it started it seems,just not to this extend.

Latest posts

Back